Tier III++ Datacenter
Our cloud infrastructure is located in the IBM rated tier III++ in Diegem, Belgium. This rating expects a facility availability between 99,982% and 99,995%. The power and cooling availability in our datacenter has been 100% since we started operations 2006. All servers are fed by redundant electric power supplies over STS. Furthermore an extract of the IBM review of the facility:
- Architectural design is compliant with the best practices.
- Capacity design (power supply system and the cooling installation) above the recommendations of the best practices.
- Some values are above the recommendations of the best practices due to the type of IT equipment installed by the customers.
- High level of resiliency of the Data Centre: estimated to 3++
- The technical equipment to be installed is generally produced by leader companies in their domain (Hiross, Siemens, Perkins, Socomec, etc.).
- Companies and Installers involved are large companies recognised in Belgium in their domain of activities, and have many interesting references.
Tier 1 Ip Transit
The Stone IS network is connected to the two largest networks in the world: Level3 and Globalcrossing. These tier 1 connections offer us very short paths to the rest of the world. The uplinks currently consist of multiple 1 Gbit fiber uplinks. The network is built with full redundancy in mind and uses equipment of industry standard vendors as Juniper and HP. We guarantee that no uplink will reach usage levels of more than 60% to prevent jitter and latency.
Independent and Redundant Network
We operate and manage every detail of our network, and have built it out with full redundance. Stone Internet Services is also a Local Internet Registry and we fully control our network, AS and IP range announcements.
Our datacenter only uses Luminus Green Power and has been certified as a CO neutral facility. We also implement best practices to optimize Cooling by using blanking panels and cold corridors to further reduce our power usage.